Wednesday, June 19, 2013

About me...

Hi all, my name is Melodie and I am a high school math teacher at Eastern Greene High School in rural Greene County.  In my spare time I like to spend time with family, especially my husband and daughter, Emily, who will be one this July.  

I am currently working on my Masters in Secondary Education at IU Bloomington.  I've been working on my degree for about 3 years now, only taking one class at a time since I'm a full time teacher.  I'm taking this course because I'm interested in ways to integrate technology into the math classroom, so I'm hoping to learn a few things in this course.  I'm looking forward to working with all of you.


4 comments:

  1. Welcome, Melodie! I went slowly through my degree, too. It's a hard balance between kids and school. Your daughter is precious - Congratulations! I'm hoping you get lots of inspiration over the next several weeks. Math is a tricky subject area for teachers looking to infuse technology, but I encourage you to look up Dan Meyer. He has a fantastic Ted talk that may help you get ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melodie,
    Can you tell me how you made your blog list? I can't seem to figure it out! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lana what's your email address? I can forward you the email Joanna sent me.

    ReplyDelete